Friday, July 17, 2009

Task #3 - Installing a Mailbox

Next up was installing a mailbox on the fence. This wasn't a task that I had originally envisioned doing, especially considering that we have a mail slot in our front door. However, as I was cleaning up debris in the front yard, the mail lady walked by and ALTERED HISTORY FOREVER. She asked me to install the mailbox to make things easier for her. The subtext behind her request was "I don't like walking up those damn stairs to your house and I'd rather throw your mail away than have to do that every day, mmmm hhhhhmmm." I like receiving my mail, so I kindly obliged her.

Below is a picture of my fence (and door with mailslot) before...



Here's the mailbox I got from Lowe's Hardware for the not so Low price of $65




Here's my quality installation which consists of some screws/bolts and a metal bar with holes in it....


And here's the final product...




I haven't gotten a thank you from the mail lady yet... but then again.. every day that I receive my mail.... I feel like that is thanks enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment