Monday, July 6, 2009

Task #2 - Rig Fix for Downspout

A broken downspout has caused $$$$$ of damage along the back side of the house. Fixing this is top priority. We're currently accepting bids from masons to repair and replace the brick, but for the time being we need the downspout addressed so it doesn't cause any more damage.

See the following pictures which show the missing section of the downspout and the water damage it has caused.

As it rains, the inside of the house is like a waterfall.



Here is a closeup of the damage. I love the moss layer on the outside. Was this the previous owner's attempt to "go green". Does the government offer tax rebates for that?




That's quality masonry there!



This is a picture of the finished rig work. I've added myself as a stick figure to illustrate how I addressed this issue. I almost died, but it was worth saving $50 on having a professional do a superior job.


4 comments:

  1. It's pretty sweet that the house came with a waterfall and a swing set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You gave us an idea about what to do with our old locks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. vkm - I like my houses like I like my women... wet and with toys.

    Khara - why do you need locks in oklahoma?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a very good site, well constructed and very interesting i have bookmarked you hopefully you keep posting new stuff.
    downspout repair

    ReplyDelete